Thursday, September 6

Chat with my colleague Blogenfreude....


Who blogs at Agitprop.

9:36 AM me: OMFG. want to read a good one from Pajamas?
http://www.nelsonguirado.com/--- "Things are getting better in Iraq."

9:37 AM blogenfreude: I'll raise you some wingnuts:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/052362.php

9:38 AM me: why doesn't the land association just boycott the men's room?

blogenfreude: Wow - remember their mantra - more dead = success, fewer dead = success.

9:39 AM me: It's like that business model from the 80's

continuous process improvement!

now with more, I mean, less, I mean, more dead!

9:40 AM me: So do we link this guy or what? I'm torn.

blogenfreude: I think you have to, and I think you have to comment. See how long it stays up.

9:41 AM me: Good one. And I'm posting this chat. Thanks.

Update: I think qwerty's right:

But look at the category that post is listed under: Trolling the Left. Assuming the author knows what that means, the post exists just to get lefties pissed off enough to argue with him.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:36 AM

    "continuous process improvement!"

    If you'll excuse me I have to curl up in the fetal position and have traumatic flashbacks nwo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now now.... Dubya and his band of merry pranksters have spent a lot of time and energy on Iraq.... we would be remiss in not acknowledging how the story of Iraq just keeps getting better and better.

    I particulary enjoyed this part of the recent elocution of the story:

    General Jones, in his opening statement, declared: “The Iraqi security forces, as a whole, cannot yet defend the territorial integrity of Iraq.” But he quickly added: “This is not necessarily an alarming conclusion.”

    On can certainly see how the story gets better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like what Molly Irvins wrote in 2004...

    AUSTIN, Texas — Do you know how to cure a chicken-killin' dog? Now, you know you cannot keep a dog that kills chickens, no matter how fine a dog it is otherwise.

    Some people think you cannot break a dog that has got in the habit of killin' chickens, but my friend John Henry always claimed you could. He said the way to do it is to take one of the chickens the dog has killed and wire the thing around the dog's neck, good and strong. And leave it there until that dead chicken stinks so bad that no other dog or person will even go near that poor beast. Thing'll smell so bad the dog won't be able to stand himself. You leave it on there until the last little bit of flesh rots and falls off, and that dog won't kill chickens again.

    The Bush administration is going to be wired around the neck of the American people for four more years, long enough for the stench to sicken everybody. It should cure the country of electing Republicans.

    And at least Democrats won't have to clean up after him until it is real clear to everyone who made the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly Ivins is certainly missed! As for the American Land Rights Association ... looks like they'll be drivin' to the GOP convention!


    BAC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:07 AM

    Blame everybody but Larry "Wide-Stance" Craig. Maybe Bill Clinton ... I'm sure its been done somewhere in the nut-o-sphere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Pajama Medias guy is really desperate.

    I did a post over a year ago on a rightwing pundit saying something sorta similar - "Our failure is a sure sign of our success" or something. Decreased violence is good. Increased violence means the terrorists are getting "desperate" - as they've been for four years now, apparently.

    Ghost Dansing, I really like that dog-reforming story!

    Still, I think it might be immoral to wire Dick Cheney to anybody. Well, maybe not Bill Kristol. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!