Thursday, September 6

So I wasn't going to comment on the whole Michael Vick thing...

But Shakes has the video up where he "apologizes" and has the nerve at the end to invoke the name of Jesus.



As I said over there:

I have a friend who as an attorney has the lovely job of taking depositions to determine if her law firm will take a particular case. One rule of thumb they always use is that if the deposition includes the words Jesus or "I'm a Christian person" they won't take the case. The person is obviously full of shit.

I happen to be a "believer" and I totally endorse her reasoning. If you are praying to God for forgiveness for your sins, particularly those that are on the front page of the newspaper, Jesus seriously expects you to STFU.

8 comments:

  1. How true is this! I think that STFU was left out of scripture on purpose by those with no sense of humor or humility!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:45 PM

    Only marginally related, but amusing all the same is that Michael Vick is now a VERB.

    I sent my son the story of how Greatest Husband killed the bat in our house last week and he wrote back: "You Michael Vicked it?!?"

    I kid you not. A verb.

    TW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately there is the Thomas More Law Center who will be only too happy to develop a case where none exists if you can invoke the name of Jesus or God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:38 PM

    I didn't want to comment on him either, but (he said sheepishly) I did today. A little different twist occurred to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:04 PM

    Actually, rumor has it that "STFU" was the Eleventh Commandment, on the Tablet that Moses dropped.

    Nice work, Mose.

    Oh and BTW, your graphic (above) made me piss my pants. Again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:12 PM

    BLUE-STATE HYPOCRITE,

    DID YOU ALSO CRITIQUE PIAPS WHEN SHE PLAYED THE RELIGION CARD?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Ralph. Big time.

    No one here takes you seriously.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!