Wednesday, July 9

The Don't Sugarcoat It Award for July 9

I don't often follow celebrity news. So trust me, the fact that I've actually heard about Christie Brinkley's divorce, in detail. is a sign that it's an extraordinarily noisy affair. "Don't Sugarcoat It's" are usually reserved for foul-mouthed bloggers, but I really gotta hand it to the court-appointed mental health professional in this case, who essentially said:

"you're both self-absorbed crazyheads putting the needs of your pathetic egos ahead of your children's welfare, in public."

Thank you for keeping it sweet, court-shrink.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:01 AM

    Didn't he pay a couple 100K$ to keep his 18 year-old girlfriend quiet?

    Man, it must be nice to have that kind of money to spend. They deserve another tax cut, so he can afford 2 18 year-olds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This day and age, people seem to think that Oscar Wilde's pronouncement that there's no such thing as bad publicity is advice somehow.

    And yes, just when you thought celebrities couldn't be more self-obsessed and narcissistic, there's this.

    I also like the fact that the psychiatrist said that Brinkley ought to make healthier choices regarding relationship partners. I couldn't have said it better myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:22 AM

    Damn, ya mean Christie 'Uptown Girl' Brinkley and Billy Joel are divorcing?

    Geez . . . this is as bad as the Beatles breaking up.

    Damn, nothing lasts forever anymore . . .

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!