Wednesday, February 8

Blog #AgainstTheocracy - Bigger and Better than Ever!


Actually, South Park Jesus, it's over a month away, but I want to get the word out.

Blog Against Theocracy is an annual blogswarm dedicated to the separation of church and state.  It takes place Easter weekend, (this year that is April 6-8) only because that is one time we can depend on the mainstream media to cover the religion beat.

It is not a blogswarm against religion.   Bloggers who believe in religion and those who don't are equally welcome here.   What we share is a common commitment to the First Amendment to the Constitution and, paging Teabaggers, the US Conference of Catholic Bishops, and the current and former denizens of Komen, its guarantee of church-state separation.

Everyone can choose their own topic concerning anti-theocracy.  My theme this year is simple.   Like the most famous unwed pregnant girl of all time, I stand with Planned Parenthood.



And as I said when I first published this photoshop:

...before anyone goes all "Sacrilege!" on my ass, I believe with my heart of hearts the Mary is the mother and sister and companion to every frightened girl who enters a Planned Parenthood clinic for HELP.   And I know for a fact that not every pregnant woman who enters a PP clinic gets an abortion.   Many of them go there so their babies will be born HEALTHY.   And in many parts of the country, it's the only place many women CAN go for prenatal care.   Think about that, fundie mofos.


UPDATE:  This from Tengrain, which we both agree is over the top and totally called for.


1 comment:

  1. I waste no love on the Republicans or the religious right, but my immediate reaction to the recent self-inflicted wounds of SGK was that they were insane to deny money to Planned Parenthood because PP is often the only place that women can go to get gynecological care. From the outcry, I'd guess that mine opinion of PP is widely shared. Turns out, it seems, that my guess was right: the SGK decision was pushed by a politician with anti-abortion, anti-contraceptives views.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!